Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Abductors Of Former Ondo State Commissioner's Mother Ask For N50M Ransom, Family Offers N5M...

Governor Mimiko of Ondo State and members of his cabinet


The abductors of the mother of the immediate past Commissioner for Education in Ondo State, Mrs Olufunke Olatubora, have demanded a N50 million ranson to release the 80-year-old woman.
It was learnt, on Tuesday, that the kidnappers had already contacted members of the family and demanded N50 millon before the women could regain her freedom.
But the family was said to have raised the alarm over the huge amount of money demanded, with a plea that it should be reduced.
Apart from this, the family was said to have pleaded with the kidnappers over the safety of the woman.
The family member, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said, “the kidnappers had started discussing with the family. The amount they are demanding is too much. There is no way we can raise such a huge sum now. We are after the welbeing of our mother. They should be humane enough to free her.”
The octogenarian mother of Remi, a lawyer in the legal team of Mimiko, was, on Sunday, abducted in her residence in Iyansan, Irele Local Government Area of the state by six gunmen.
The kidnappers were said to have invaded the community in a speed boat with which the woman was whisked away to an unknown destination.
It was, however, gathered that the family had been pleading with the kidnappers to collect N5 million to release their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.